Monday, November 2, 2009

RaNdOm StUfF

I have to say… work is totally cramping my style! I used to have sooooooooooooooooo much more time! So, this post is going to be totally random but I HAVE to catch up in this journal of mine!

Chad has had his stitches for over two weeks so I think I will take them out today! Tomorrow is his 14th Birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sweet CHAD!!! I can’t believe you are going to be 14! That means that now you can go to all the church dances! Wow… Crazy! He is finally growing. When Brad took him to get stitches the Dr. did an X-ray and the Dr. pointed out all the “tares” in his bones to Brad and told him that he is really going thru a growth spurt! He is 5'4" at the moment, looking me square in the eye. His favorite meal is ribs, so.... tomorrow night, ribs it is!

My friend went up to Utah for the BYU Homecoming game and I bummed a ride up with her. It was nice to go up and see my mom and some of my older kids. Derek and Brittany came down from Rexburg too! The game wasn't so good... but we still had a blast! I forgot my camera on the trip! :( But here is a pic from the game that Devin took of us girls... it is the only pic we took at the game! I love these girls, we are so blessed to have them in our family!!!

And, here are a few pics that Brittany took in my mom's front room... as Britt says, the boys always make time to bond, aka hurt each other lovingly! HAHAHA, she is SO right!




Cute Britt with Derek...


Here is a pic of Brad and Chad cleaning the spider webs... i debated on leaving them since it was SO close to Halloween! Thank you, Chadman!


Halloween!


A family in our ward had a great Halloween party! This is Chad's scout leader that drove the tractor and took us all on a hay ride!

Chad and some friends sitting on the hay, ready to go!


Chad and his scout leader. He is Johnny Depp from the new movie coming out March 5, 2010, Alice in Wonderland.










Okay, all caught up.... gotta go work on my lesson for tomorrow night...

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Work DOES cut into a person's blog time! LOL!

My neigbhor who did an awesome Michael Jackson costume this year (on my blog) wants to do the Mad Hatter character NEXT year. I'll have to point him to this post so he can see a REALLY GOOD version of the costume. Cool!

We need to get up and do the cobweb cleaning of the 'nooks' too. Thanks for the reminder.

tammy said...

Lots of busy fun times for you at your house! Love the costumes. Thanks for blogging even though you're busy, I always love to see what you and your family have been up to.

Joy For Your Journey said...

It looks like everyone has been having a great time!! And I am sure your mother enjoyed having you visit. (Too bad about the outcome of the BYU game though)

I love your pictures but I have to say I did a double take at the one of the two on the couch. At first glance it looked like they switched legs!

Unknown said...

You have such a fun family!!

Nice to see you on here!

CB said...

Glad you found a little time to catch up!
Isn't it great when you can get away to see the older kids - so much fun! Love the picture of the boys "bonding" ha ha.
Looks like you had a great Halloween.
Glad you have a brave boy to clean those cobwebs - that is pretty high up :D
Have a GREAT week Shaila!!

Drake Family said...

I know what you mean about work cramping your blogging style! I feel the same pain. LOL That's why I usually do 2 posts at a time to catch up. :)
Love the pictures. Looks like you guys have been BUSY! The hay ride sounds like fun!!

Scrappy Girl said...

Looks like all kinds of Halloween fun!

Beth at Aunties said...

Oh your boys bring back memories of our sons bonding! Even one got a broken when he came home from his mission. They were all so excited!
Your utah trip, the kids Halloween and sweet chad cleaning were so fun to see!
I am sure it did your mom's heart good to see so much laughter and feel the warmth of family.
~♥

Bren's Life said...

Oh you are just so dang cute! You are the best mom ever & you are just so cute!
I want you to know I consider you someone that I truly look up to & respect & would turn to for advice even though I have never met you. You are just so amazing!!