Saturday, October 23, 2010

Black & White... Thoughts??

I have been asked to speak at our ward's "Young Women's in Excellence" program next week. Our YWP is very creative, she is going to decorate everything in black and white... when I asked her the topic, she said, "Black and White, no gray"....


We really have to make up our minds as to which side we are on! We can't just sit on the fence....

It made me think of the song, "Whose on the Lord's side who?" And, the scripture from Joshua, "...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord"

I need some thoughts, scriptures, stories... anything to help with the talk...
ANY SUGGESTIONS???
THANKS!


PS YES, I will dress in black and white too! °Ü°

4 comments:

CB said...

I don't have any ideas for you off the top of my head - sorry. But I just wanted to say that the YW programs that these ladies come up with are so awesome. I love this theme!
We just had ours in our ward and it was excellent! It was all about "Putting On The Armor of God" and they got into the wars and paralled it with the wars the girls face everyday in the world.
I know you will do great and this will be a special evening for the YW in your ward :-D

Pedaling said...

What a great theme!
You will do great, I just wish I could hear your words. You'll have to post your notes.

tammy said...

Great theme. I will start thinking!

Sarah Kelley said...

Im sure you already taught this and it was a great program i know!! you ARE AMAZING! first off, and second this post spoke to me bc i am relting so much to that, especially these last five months that ive been working through things. i sat on the fence for quite a while when it came to the issues in my life, and it has been the best feeling today, bc yesterday was a different day, but today i chose to get off and walk to the light. i cannot serve two masters either! anyways..i shouldnt be writing a blog on your blog. lol. love you lots. ps, we need to catch up and i will come see you finally! love you