Sunday, November 30, 2008

Playing "Catch Up"...

We are home!!!

I was looking through my pictures in my camera and thought I really need to play catch up, so bare with me... (Okay, this ended up being a way longer post than I anticipated, sorry!)

I feel the need to back up to Dallin's last football game. He had a great game! He has several solo tackles! As tradition has it, the last game of the season is "Sr. Night", meaning that all the Sr.'s (football players, cheerleaders & members of the band) all line up on the field at the goal post with their parents and are called out and pictures are taken. Here are a few pics of us all before the game on the field. Three of the Sr. cheerleaders are good friends of Dallin's, in our ward.
Sorry, Farryn, I am not sure why this turned out blurry! LOVE your cute smile! Far left... playing safety...I know it is blurry, but what do you expect with an "action" shot? That is Dallin, making the tackle!

My Birthday happened to fall on the last game day and my sweet friend Alanna surprised me at halftime with yummy (my favorite) Cinnabon! Candles and all!!!
Thank you, Alanna, you are so fun!

The Sunday before Thanksgiving we had MY side of the family's Thanksgiving up at the cabin. Here are a few pictures...
Finishing off the pie!After dinner... game time!
Clearing off the leaves before the snow comes!

On Wednesday we headed to Vegas to have Thanksgiving with the other side of the family, again, here are a few pics...

Watching the "talent show"The teens teaching grandpa some "cool moves"

PS. YES, Dallin cut his hair (several people mentioned this to me on the comments and emails) He met with the bishop for his BYU application and the bishop told him he is supposed to be living the BYU standards NOW, so he had to get a hair cut! He came home from his interview, Brad got out the clippers and he showed the bishop that night at a fireside! What a good obedient boy, thank you Dallin!
Bryce ~ One year older and Cancer FREE!!!! Happy Birthday, Bryce! We are sooooooooooo happy!!! We love you!!!

My fun brother in law, Lane, took us shooting!!! THANK YOU, Lane!!! It was soooooooo much fun! I have never been shooting clay pigeons before!
Lane and Brad getting everything ready...
We rode from station to station in a golf cart, so much fun, and only ONE accident, huh Ariel?
Isn't he cute???!!!
Don't laugh, I actually hit a few!

And, last but not least... Dallin's application for BYU is in!!!



23 comments:

Jan said...

Made me a little teary Shaila. Such a great time. Congrats on the cancer too. How special. Everyone looks like they are such great friends. That is what I love about it all. Nice shooting girl.

Shauna said...

What great pictures! Welcome back :) ♥ Hugs!

chelle said...

Cancer free is the best way to be!!!! Loved all the photos. You are so cute.

m

PS
Love the back ground.

Bren's Life said...

What a Great family.. I love that you all get together & go to the mountains? You have a lot of ppl in your family all there & do you all stay the night together for the weekend?
I can't believe having 5 boys you've never shot clay pigeons before! One of my brothers has tons of guns & we've done that a few times. It's really fun..
Glad you had a great time with family.

MERRIANNE said...

great pictures! you have such a beautiful family!!

tiki_lady said...

oh my gosh, I love shooting clay pigeons! I rock!! I like to be second shooter.

What we do is we have shooter number one call PULL, that person follows and shoots if they miss, second shooter waits until a shot is off and then shoots the clean up shot!!!
This is one of my most favorite sports to do! The photos are awesome. I hope Dallin gets in and so glad he is Cancer free!~!!!

Jen said...

What a wonderful time! And Dallin is looking pretty handsome there. Can you believe he's applying for college next year?! Yikes! Great pictures and welcome back!

Robin Beck said...

Hi Shaila, Welcome back!
The photos are great! Looks like you all always have the most amazing time! You are so cute (beautiful, pretty, stunning-All the above!)
Robin~♥

The Berry's Patch said...

It looks like you have a fun family! I love Dallin's hair cut. I've been trying to get my son to style his hair that way. But he is just so stubborn sometimes. (and he's only 9) I'm glad you had a wonderful (busy) holiday. Welcome back. :-)

nikkicrumpet said...

Looks like you had a jam packed Holiday...running here and there and enjoying family. I love the happy faces and the sweet family love that comes through so clearly in your pictures. You are blessed.

Cynthia said...

Wow! You had a VERY busy holiday. I wish we could have met you while you were here- the bloggy lunch was awesome. Still, reading this post it's easy to see why that wasn't possible.

Glad you got to enjoy everyone!

Beth at Aunties said...

It looks like your family made many memories to add your memory bank. Congratulations on being cancer free.... we are seriously praying for a brother in law with renal lung cancer and also his son in law who has brain cancer... I love when the miracles happen.
I missed you wonderful posts, welcome back. Give that obedient son of yours a huge hug from a stranger in cyberspace...he will be blessed for it! BYU here comes another stripling warrior! (Is he going to play football?)
The cabin looked fabulous...where is it at?
Beth~♥

Letti said...

I loved this post and all of the pictures too. Congrats to Dallin on cutting his hair that had to be hard. Good luck on BYU too.

Nancy said...

Fun to catch up on all the family stuff. Looks like you'all had a great time! Isn't family the best?

Anonymous said...

James does look good...and he too has a new haircut. LOL I have a lot of pictures to post when I get home. Levi ...playing basketball...so fun. I also love your necklace at the game...I have had compliments on mine wherever I wear it. Looks like you had lots of fun. Aunt Wilma

Becky said...

I don't typically associate Thanksgiving with football like a lot of people do, but those pics made me wish I did!

SwainstonFam said...

Hey! Fun to see all the pics!!! I am soo freakin glad that you dont have any pics on here of me! I'm not being sarcastic either! Diet day starts today for Caleb and I! Well, I guess I am in one of the pics shooting, but you cant really see me thank goodness. Those were good pics of you and Brad shooting! So much fun!!! I tried calling you to get you to go on the roller coaster with us! Well, it was great to see you and I love that you have pics up!

Pancake said...

Hey YOU!

Great pictures! Great shooting there too!

What a great kid Dallin is to be so obedient! What a great family you have Shaila! What a blessing they are to you and Brad.

Kim said...

Looks like a wonderful holiday for your family - and you got to celebrate twice! Rumor - what rumor?!?!?!?! I can't believe Dallin is a Sr! Does he want to go to Idaho or Provo? And what will you do with only Chad home?

Anonymous said...

Shaila-I absolutley adore the picture of you and your son together. It's priceless! What a fun and busy holiday but spending time with family is the best!

Ashley said...

Yay for BYU! I graduated from there! I love all the pictures. Your son's hair really WAS cool but it still looks great now. :) And happy birthday!!!

Nancy said...

Love the necklace!

Scrappy Girl said...

What a great holiday! My mom just bought Dr. hubby clay pigeons and the launcher thingy for Christmas. Looks like fun!