Wednesday, June 3, 2009

FuN wEeKeNd!

My cute daughters in law called last week and said that the boys are going to be working in Yuma for the weekend and was wondering if I was busy or if it would be okay for them to come a couple of days early and play... (Yuma is only about 3 hours away) HECK, are you kidding me??? IF my daughters in law are coming to town I would drop everything anyway, busy...??? NOT me! COME ON DOWN!!! It was so fun to see them! They are just darling! I get to play mom to GIRLS!!! FUN!!! They got here Friday afternoon and we had a great time. I think the thing that we enjoyed the most was going to get froyo (frozen yogurt) every day! Well, every day except Sunday of course. There is a new place here in town that has 14 different flavors of frozen yogurt and tons of toppings to choose from including lots of yummy fresh fruits and then cookies, candies, and cereals, etc. You build your own and weigh it to pay! It is delicious!!!!

On Saturday Brad and I had a sealing to go to.
The kids did a little photo shoot outside the temple while waiting for us... Peace and Love! Chad looks like he is the same heigth as Diana. WAIT. Let's measure them... NOPE. Not quite.
After the sealing we went to lunch and then had a little scare!
Sunday Dallin graduated from Seminary! I had to speak... Dallin was 1 of only 2 Seniors that had perfect attendance for ALL 4 years! They were given a gift certificate so that they could buy new leather bound scriptures! CONGRATULATIONS Dallin and Aimee! Br. Kerr was the kids teacher this year... he was awesome, THANK YOU BR. KERR!!!
Monday the girls went shopping and the boys played golf! THEN, we had carne asada for dinner! YUMMY! I failed to mention that Brittany and Chad made us some deLicious banana bread!
And, of course with 5 boys at home there HAS to be a LITTLE rough housing... It was WONDERFUL having ALL the kids home, even if it was only for a couple of short days! I love my family!!!

Okeedokee, Alanna is here... we are going out for a little froyo, did I mention... I think I am addicted!

16 comments:

Shauna said...

L♥ve the pictures :) ♥ HUGS ♥

Anonymous said...

Shaila...how fun and how sweet that your daughter in laws love you and want to come spend time "playing" with you. But then "What's not to like...you are so much like your Aunt Willie Wonka". Lol What's with all the "big" shades? Just looks like so much fun.

Joneel said...

Wow, that is really impressive that Dallin had 100% attendance in seminary. He sounds like such a wonderful young man.

Bren's Life said...

How fun is that! That is awesome that he had perfect attendance for 4 yrs- WOW!!!
And what is that place called is there one anywhere in San Diego? We'll be there in just over a wk...

CB said...

How fun! I am quickly learning what a VERY special treat it is when all of the children are home!

It looks like you guys had a blast and BIG Congrats to Dallin on perfect attendance for Seminary - Way to go!!

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Great that your family was all together! Is that frozen yogurt place called Ocean Blue? We have one here that sounds just like it.

Jan said...

You are so loved momma in law. How fun.

I love you in yellow. And your toes are curled up. I adored that. You really are a role model for a good mother in law and mom period.

Drake Family said...

Mmmm...I want some froyo too...sounds de-lish! I bet it was great to have everyone home for a few days. Such cute pictures! Oh yeah and way to go Dallin...all 4 years 100%...WAHOO!

Linda said...

What fun and what adorable kids, all of them!

How great that your DIL's want to come spend time with you whether your sons are with them or not. It's a testiment to how much they enjoy being with you! I bet you are such a loving, attentive MIL and mother!

Shaila, your name was picked as a winner for a giveaway I had this week. If you'll email me your address, I'll get it out in the mail.

Take care and have a great day!

Anonymous said...

What a great time and you have the best looking family!

Anonymous said...

that looks like a whole lot of Love and a Whole lot of Fun!!!! :)

Jodi said...

Shaila what a fun mom-in-law you are! I can't wait!!!

I have a HUGE~MONGOUS favor! I am a finalist in a contest to win a years worth of free spa treatments and the final selection is based on popular vote. I am asking for a shameless (ha) plug !!! Wondering if you will do a short little post asking your readers to go vote for me!!!

If I win I will become the SEGO LILY DAY SPA BLOGGER! And I will then blog about the treatments I get! I really HAVE to win this!! As a mother of all boys I am sure you can relate more than anyone!!

There is more info on my blog but the link to vote is:
http://segolilyspa.com/blog/burdens-banished-by-butter/#comments

It's really close between me and one other but I am still in the lead! I need your help!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

Or this link:
http://segolilydayspa.com/blog/

But if they use that one then make sure to tell them to scroll down to my post (4th one down ) and say they vote for Jodi.

Shameful I know!!!! But worth it!

tammy said...

How fun! I love all the pics. We were just in UT and went to one of those yogurt places. We loved it and will now have to go there everytime we visit. And even though it wasn't on my diet, I just got a tiny bit of frozen yogurt (cake batter flavor - yum!) and then loaded my cup with fruit. It still was a treat without all the calories and sugar.

rad6 said...

What a beautiful stage of life to have your children married and be building the bonds with your new children. Thanks for sharing the sweetness of it all and giving those of us who are over our heads in teens a glimpse of the brightness of our future!
Love reading about your life and your family! Really.

rad6 said...

oh, and I love that your stake recognizes attendance. Ours will not, b/c they say they do not want kids who should stay home pushing it too much and coming.
BOO!!!
I give out attendance awards in my class, but that is all.

SwainstonFam said...

Fun that you can drop whatever you're doing to play with the girls.