Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Elder Bergquist


Dallin reported to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo on Dec. 8, 2010. He was supposed to go directly to the MTC in Sao Paulo Brasil but his visa didn't come in time. There are about 400 missionaries currently waiting for their visas. You can read an article about it HERE. Dallin finished his 9 weeks in the MTC in Provo and is now currently serving in the Billings Montana mission waiting for his visa. He and his companion are in serving in Powell Wyoming right now. He is living in a garage that he says has a sink, bathroom, and a washer and dryer. He doesn't mention any kind of stove or fridge! I will ask him about that in his next email on Monday! If you are interested I am doing a blog for him HERE. OR in the future you can always click on his picture on the side bar, that too will take you to his blog.

He was told yesterday to fill out some visa paperwork on line and we were to send in 2 more passport size picture for his visa, I hope that means it will be coming soon! We keep praying and fasting...

3 comments:

CB said...

First, I love your new family picture at the top - That is SOOOO AWESOME!!!!

Next I hope Elder Bergquist is able to get his Visa soon, but glad he is out of the MTC and in the field. It will be fun to read his reports!

Joy For Your Journey said...

400? Wow! I feel bad for Dallin, but I am also really feeling bad for those poor mission presidents in Brazil who are short missionaries. I will pray he gets his visa soon. I think I told you it took my son four months to get his, but the time he spent in Boston was good preparation for the rest of his mission.

Best of luck!

CreativeMish said...

I love your family picture! This is my first visit. What a fabulous place to go on a mission. Brazil! Awesome! Hopefully he'll get his Visa soon