HERE is a cute 14 page Activity Packet for General Conference with games and things to color. It also has a place to take notes from the speakers, so you can use it for your younger children or your older children. Click HERE to print it.
What are YOUR traditions for General Conference?
I know that some of you do not get it on TV, therefore your traditions might be different than ours... We watch the 1st sessions of Conference in our PJ's. One morning I make "Sticky Caramel Rolls" for breakfast (I know, not healthy but a fun tradition), and then the next morning I make a Hash Brown Quiche. Below are the recipes I use.
Sticky Carmel Rolls
24 Rhodes frozen rolls, frozen
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1/2 cup butter
1 package cook n serve butterscotch pudding, dry
1/2 cup brown sugar
1. The night before, grease 10X13 pan and place frozen rolls in bottom then sprinkle 1/2 cup white sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup chopped nuts and then dry pudding over top.
2. In medium saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar and pour over top of rolls.
3. Place pan on counter and cover lightly with paper towels and let thaw and rise overnight.
4. In the morning uncover and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Turn out onto serving dish and serve warm.
Hash Brown Quiche
3 cups, shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup half-and-half
3/4 cup diced cooked ham
1/2 cup diced green onions
1 cup shredded Cheddar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with the melted butter into the plate. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven.Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for about 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.
Please share your traditions!!!
AND, think about and/or take notes on your favorite speaker, thought, story, quote, etc to share on Monday!!!
LuLaRoe Party - Shop NOW!
2 days ago