Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brittany!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Brittany, Happy Birthday to you! (We love you!)

Today is my wonderful daughter, Brittany's, Birthday! Frances, my dear, you know we SHARE her now, right??? (Thank you! Love you!)

I remember when Derek and Brittany became boyfriend and girlfriend... when she first came into our lives... to stay. And yet... we didn't realize it... at the time! AND, I have to tell you... I saved the text I got from Derek that night... it says, "...and by the way umm Brittany is my girlfriend now I guess." So, I quickly texted him back! It seems that CUTE Brittany had cut Derek's hair and told him as she was finishing up, "Well, now you can tell everyone that your girlfriend cute your hair!" So there ya go.... the beginning of FOREVER!!! THANK YOU BRITTANY!!!! We love you!!! You are the best thing that ever happened to Derek... okay, his mission to Brasil played a very important role... but, YOU make him who he is! Again, THANK YOU!

Besides being beautiful on the outside, with those long gorgeous legs and that beautiful Cuban skin, and of course that wonderful smile of hers, Brittany is so much fun!!! She was blessed with personality plus! She cracks me up how she just dishes it back to all the boys (including her father in law!!!) And the looks she will give Derek... I think you need a sample of that... here ya go...
We had taken a picture of the cute couple outside the temple but Derek had his sun glasses on and Britt wanted one of him with them OFF. Well, Derek didn't want them off... but she finally persuaded him and here is her look... and his.... LOL

Shooting at the family reunion...
Speaking of her fun personality, here she is singing Karaoke at the family reunion
And Dancing... (again, we love how uninhibited she is! She totally entertains us!)
And playing the violin at Christmas...

(Boy, I should have picked up a little BEFORE THAT picture!)

Brittany plays beautifully... again another gift she has! She can play ANYTHING... (Derek gave her an electric violin for her wedding gift)Here are some more fun pics of her... And, yes, we forgive her for being a Nugget fan. (I have seen her cheering for the Lakers though, sshhhhhhhh!)

The night Derek proposed...


Wedding Day at the San Diego Temple... (go here to see MORE wedding pictures) On the beach...
On the honeymoon...

Our Dear Brittany... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday to her!!! wooo hoo!!!

she is beautiful!!!

eat some cake for me, too!!!

Ashley said...

She is gorgeous! And that's SUCH a sweet post you did about her too!

tammy said...

She is a cutie. How great that you love your daughter-in-law that much. I hope I get so lucky when my boys pick wives. You're such a sweet mom-in-law Shaila!

Letti said...

What a sweet Birthday post for your daughter in law. She sure is beautiful.

Jan said...

What a cutie. And I want to be like you as a mother in law. You are the best. Seriously.

Happy Birthday Brittany. You have made a family very happy sounds like.

Robin Beck said...

Happy Birthday Brittany!
She is beautiful and looks like she has an amazing personality!
They make a very cute couple! Just think of how beautiful your grandchildren are going to be! :) Don't tell me you haven't thought of that already! :)

Jodi said...

Oh you are so lucky to have such a sweet DIL and she is so lucky to have YOU!!! She is just absolutely beautiful! Love the wedding photos too!

Anonymous said...

She is just darling...I know why you like her though...she seems to be a lot like you. lol
I can't believe how much Derek looks like his Daddy as he gets older. They are such a cute couple.

Bren's Life said...

Happy Birthday to her.. Wow- what a Great Mother in law you are.. I know I am jealous..
She is Beautiful!

chelle said...

She is such a beauty. And you are a wonderful Mother in law. I want you as my mother in law. You are a great example to us all. m

Pancake said...

Happy Birthday Brittany!!! You are so fun! I hope you are getting a lot of use out of that bridal gift!

I hope you know what a great mother in law you have, I am sure you are beginning to understand, but that understanding will deepen as the years go on.

I KNOW she treasures you! What a joy you are to her!

tiki_lady said...

she is so beautiful, she seems like so much fun! I would totally like her! happy birthday.

Derek & Brittany said...

Wow I feel so loved! Muchas gracias Shaila! And thank you everyone :). And yes I do look at your blog at 12 at night haha

Derek & Brittany said...

P.S probably my favorite blog ever!

Scrappy Girl said...

What a fun beautiful girl! She is blessed with a great MIL...I am going to have to get my MIL a blog so she can post how wonderful I am next month on my bday! LOL! Hmmmmmm...Don't see that happening...NOT because she doesn't think I am GREAT...BUT because she is "technologically challenged."
Happy Bday Brittany! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I can only hope that my boys pick out such amazing dil's too, she is stunning!

Thanks for commenting and stopping by I am adding you to my blog roll!

nikkicrumpet said...

What a gorgeous and fun lady! Isn't it fabulous when your son finds someone so perfect...for him...and for the family! Happy Birthday Brittany!

The Berry's Patch said...

Oh what a sweet couple. They are soooo cute! :-)

Elisa said...

I wish you were my MIL. I want to be like you when my kids get married... you are amazing!