Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ah, the little things in life...

Okay, so, I haven't planted a garden in oh.... about 12 yrs. I had one of my most spiritual moments when I was watering and weeding my garden about 12 yrs ago... AND, one time when I was visiting my brother and his wife (Dirk & Ellen) she made me a tomato sandwich, it was one of the BEST things I have EVER eaten!!! So, with those two wonderful experiences why, oh why, has it taken me so long to plant a few veggies??? Well, this is the year! I am so excited, I have 2 tomato plants in my back yard and 3 squash plants in my front flower bed (yes, Brad, in the FRONT FLOWER bed). AND one of my tomato plants (I planted it about a month earlier than the other one) has SIX (yep, six, count them!) tomatoes growing on it! I LOVE tomatoes but I have to say, the tomatoes that you buy in the grocery store are pretty dang tasteless, but out of a garden... oh baby! So, I cant wait until they are red - hummm... maybe I should try "fried green tomatoes"! Dang, I bet I didn't plant enough! Maybe I will go back tomorrow and get a couple more! Anyway, here are a couple of pics of my veggies I have planted!

5 comments:

Amber Horspool said...

I'm so excited that you've joined the "blog world!" I need to go plant a garden too. Last time I tried, I failed pretty bad, but I think this year I'll go get me some starts:)

Pancake said...

They look GREAT!!!! I love fresh out of the garden tomatoes!!!

lance n sarah said...

I want to do a garden but I think My kids will just pull them all out! Maybe in a couple more years.

Drake Family said...

How fun! We need to plant one too, but where? Someday! I must agree, there is NOTHING better than a fresh tomato from the garden!! So yummy!!

Anonymous said...

oh i just put tomato plant on my shopping list this morning! I LOVE LOVE LOVE fresh tomatoes .... wish we could sit on your back porch this morning and eat some together!