Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lightening & THUNDER!

Holy cow this weather! Last Saturday it was °102 here (yuck) and today it is °55 (yuck) and POURING rain!!! We DO need the rain however. It was SO beautiful and green here 2 months ago but then everything turned brown and was dying (on the hills around us) so it IS a good thing...
Here are a couple of pics out the back... it is JUST pouring! Man, I wish you could see and hear the lightening and THUNDER!!! The windows are shaking!



Here is a pic out the front door...





Just as I finished taking this pic the boys came running from the greenbelt... Dallin, Ricky, and Mike... they had the boogie boards out and were "surfing"! I love the fact that my camera has a 10 zoom BUT it is sooooooooo slow to focus that I didn't get him in "action"! I got a pic of him "getting up" instead, dang it! I need a new camera!

The boys...




5 comments:

Pancake said...

WHAT FUN!!!!!!

Drake Family said...

How fun is that? I LOVE a good thunderstorm! We have been having that same kind of weather here...109 and now in the 70's. We went from shorts at one ballgame to sweatshirts and blankets...crazy.

Drake Family said...

P.S. I just read the last quote on your page by Marjorie Hinckley...LOVE IT! So true!!

Anonymous said...

ok why can i never see the second picture when you put them side by side? ! is it my screen? I cannot believe the rain there! We've just had a light mist here!

Jeff said...

Great salamander weather! Hope all is well in Cali!