Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Obsessed!

Omigosh, can I just say I am FINALLY (after alllllll these years) obsessed with a Healthy food!!! (Don't pass out, mom!)

Yep, you read that right... Me. Shaila. Obsessed with something Healthy. It just goes to show that miracles still DO happen! (dad, you would be SO proud of me!)
When my new cute daughters were here about a month ago we were at Costco doing the routine shopping... The girls pointed to the edamame and asked if I liked it... uh, how did you say that again? Uh, well... no... (yuck, it looks healthy, where are the cookies??!!!) They both proceeded to tell me how good they were. So, trying to be a nice mother in law, I said, "Well, then, let's buy some". So I picked up the container and put it in our cart... not knowing what it would lead to! Yep, they were RIGHT!!! They are healthy AND delicious!!! (Is that possible??!!!) Holy cow, I eat them continually... snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack... yummm!!! I just put a handful (a BIG handful) in a bowl and put the bowl in the microwave for 1 min. on high. (and NO, Brad, you do NOT eat the pod!!!) FYI, dad, they are a major source of protein, rich in isoflavones, calcium, iron, zinc and B vitamins! Yep, Healthy AND Delicious!!! I don't even add butter or salt!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it too! i hope you're still eating chips & salsa though ... my favorite snack no matter how many calories!

SwainstonFam said...

I love edamame also. I always get it when I go eat your favorite, sushi! :) Costco's is great also, but Caleb wont eat it with me so I dont get it much anymore. Happy you found a new healthy food obsession!

Da Bergs said...

LOL, like I could EVER give up chips and salsa! I can drink THAT stuff!!! I come from Texas, ya know! I had some yesterday!

Oh, and... Missy, GAG, sushi!!! It would be good for your baby! Get it! I finish my package off in about 2 days! LOL

Dev & Di said...

YAY!! I am excited you love it! the ones from costco are dang good too!! :) I'll let you know if I find some more healthy/yummy snacks!

lance n sarah said...

Hollie loves these. she ate so many one time that she threw up and it was all soy beans. It was gross!

Pancake said...

I will have to give these another try!

WF said...

i was just eating some edamame last night, and found a WORM inside. it was so gross.i am so sad, i don't think i can eat edamame again, and i love it so much too! glad you've joined the blogging world!
-wendy